This circle is now unrecognisable and has no recorded measurement or description. There are reports of a stone row linked to this site. The only thing shown on O/S maps is "Standing Stone".
Withypool. Stone Circle on Withypool Hill, Exmoor
Although ruined it is still recognisable. It is classed as a plain ring and measures 36.4 metres in diameter. Only 37 stones still stand and none of the stones exceed half a metre in height. Almsworthy stone circle is 4 and a half miles South of Withypool circle (see below). It is dated between 1700 and 1400 BC.
Exford. Almsworthy Stone Circle, on Exmoor
This stone circle is ruined but recognisable. It measures 34.1 by 28.7 metres in diameter, not a lot of information is available although it is thought that it could have been a circle with possible outlying stones. Allegedly it consists of 3 concentric ovals with only 6 of it's theoretical 16 stones of the outer circle still standing, 3 of which are in the centre circle and 4 at the inner circle giving it a total of 13 stones. There is one other stone that stands 4.9 metres ESE of the site. In 1939 the area was reassessed and it was thought that it may have had a number of parallel stone rows. A feature about the stone circles on Exmoor is that they lie almost North-to-South and run in a straight line for 6 and-a-half miles, held by many ley line hunters as confirmation of the ley line theory. Withypool stone circle circle is 4 and a half miles North of Almsworthy circle.
Porlock. Stone Circle on Porlock Common, Nr. Porlock Bay
Although this ring is now partially destroyed its recorded measurement are 24.4 metres in diameter. This site is actually 2 miles from the coast which by coincidence is the same distance that Almsworthy is North from Porlock. One stone is 1.9 metres high and stands at the SSE. Unfortunately this particular circle was disturbed during the 1939-45 War. Hidden behind a wall this original 43 stone circle has only 10 stones left and standing it is located right next to the road between Whit stones and Lucott Cross.
Leigh Down. South of Winford
This circle is now unrecognisable. It is reported to have measured 18.3 metres in diameter but with no other descriptions. Does not appear on O/S maps.
Chew Stoke. North of Chew Valley Lake
This circle is now unrecognisable. It has no recorded measurements or description. Does not appear on map.
Stanton Drew. A complex of 3 Stones, Nr Chew Magna
Stanton Drew is the second largest stone circle in Britain, Avebury being the first. This area consists of 3 stone circles. The centre one measures 113.4 metres in diameter. It has outlying stones, an avenue and a cove. 40 metres to the North East is a megalithic oval which measure 32.3 by 29.9 metres in diameter and appears to have an avenue which links with the main circle. 137 metres away from this is the third ring which again is oval in shape and measures 43.1 by 39.8 metres in diameter. A lot of the stones here have tumbled and almost completely covered in grass.
241 metres to the WSW, in the rear garden of the aptly named "Druid's Arms" public house, there are the remains of the cove, 3 large stones forming a roofless sentry like box. Unfortunately the back stone has fallen away leaving the 2 larger stones standing 2.1 metres apart. Only 3 other coves like this have been identified in the British Isles (see Avebury, Wiltshire).
One of the folklore tales connected with this particular stone circle is that the stones are actually a wedding party that were turned to stone. A wedding party of what religious belief, Pagan or Christian? This site is dated to around 2200-1400 BC.
Wellow. Combe Hay
This circle is of uncertain status with no recorded measurements or description and does not appear on O/S maps.